Feel free to contact any of the 2012-13 executive!
|Vice President:||Stacey Poirier
|Executive Director:||Micheal Hodgson
|Executive Director:||Curt Sprickerhoff|
|Executive Director:||Conlan Sprickerhoff
Executive Job Descriptions
The President’s job is to ensure that the needs of the club are met. This includes ensuring that there are going to be productions running throughout the year, and that those productions are created with fiscal responsibility in mind. The President should ensure the Club’s financial status allows the theatre the capability to upgrade and maintain the theatre space.
The president’s responsibility is to call general meetings, executive meetings and Annual General Meetings, and to preside over those meetings as the chairperson in a fair manner. The President is to act as a liaison on behalf of the theatre and its members for community and corporate business. The president is to oversee the operations of The Williams Lake Studio Theatre Society as the Chief Executive Officer of the Society and is responsible for the supervision of other members of the Executive in the execution of their duties.
The Vice President is to assist the president in all manners necessary and to carry out the duties of the President in his/her absence. To review the monthly financial statements and bank transactions with the Treasurer, sign and date them. The Vice President is to insure that the season has Season & Performance Patrons.
The treasurer is to assist the President & executive to take care of the management of the society and in particular assurance of the Society’s fiscal well being.
- Maintain accurate and up to date bookkeeping
- Responsible for all bank transactions including cheque writing and deposits
- Generate monthly and annual financial reports
- Prepare books for yearend
- Complete and mail annual GST returns
- Complete and mail annual T3010 Registered Charity Information Return
- Assists producers during their productions to stay in budget, track revenue and maintain accurate reporting
- Collect mail on regular basis and give to appropriate individual
The secretary is responsible for keeping minutes of all meetings of the Society and Executive.
- Publishing monthly newsletter – if not done by another
- Maintaining an accurate membership list
- Distributing minutes to executive members in a timely fashion
- Writing necessary thank you letters for funds received and/or for donations of goods
- Assisting with grant applications, as needed
- Generate letters as dictated by President or other executive members
The Executive Directors roles vary as they volunteer to take charge of specific duties, events or projects. (i.e. Stagelines Editor, Membership co-ordinator)